Sunday, September 27, 2009

DAY 3: Leaving the Nation




At the airport check in was a lot better than we expected it to be. We still have 3 hours to spare. I guess we'll walk around and talked about who would hook up with who. Time to board. We're on the flight for nine hours. They fed us several times. It's good and bad at the same time. There is no turning back now. We arrive in Moscow nine hours later and we finally see the outside world at 11 a.m. We get to our dorms. I have a single!!! Then again, it's kinda sad, because now I want a roommate. So we get ready to go buy calling cards and exchange our currency. All of a sudden, I'm doubled over vomiting bile. So I think I am fine after 5 minutes or so and walk another mile and then it happens again. I try to tough it out, but after my third stop I have to give in to the fates and go back to the dorm to rest, otherwise I wouldn’t make it through the next three months. I slept for several hours and didn't really feel better until the next day. /// Buying groceries was another feat I've had to overcome. AHHHHHHHHH! Is all I could say to myself. Some things were familiar, actually a lot of things were… I just had to make sure by looking hard enough and then depending on David, Austin and Katie (they all know a small amount of Russian). Who knows if they're hiking up the prices on the stupid Americans or not… we're just so flustered and overwhelmed by everything that we pay whatever they ask because we want to avoid feeling anymore inadequate and foreign.
/// By the way, I have NEVER had so much gas in my LIFE!!! It smells exactly like the food I eat. No difference. Whatsoever.

this is what u get when u order A BLACK RUSSIAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment