Sunday, September 27, 2009

DAY 1: On the way to CT

So after a 15 hour travel day to Connecticut …I want to call it quits! From Houston to Cincinnati , Cincinnati to Detroit , Detroit to Providence , and Providence to New Haven . Two delayed flights, I finally get to my first destination, Providence . I have to wait an hour and then take a shuttle to Amtrak--get to Amtrak and try to buy a ticket but I cannot find my wallet. I'm freaking out and looking through all of my suitcases and my carry on. STILL. NO. WALLET!!! I'm freaking out, my heart is pounding. I say a quick prayer to myself. I ask the attendant, "Do you by any chance have the number to the limousine/shuttle service that brought me here?" He smiles, and he reads the numbers out to me. I talk to the dispatch lady on the other line and ask her, "Did I happen to leave my wallet with you?" She tells me, "One of her guys has called and is returning to the Amtrak station because he found something, so maybe that's you." I take another deep breath and step outside. The man returns with my hot pink wallet in his hand. I thank him thank him thank him then run back inside before my luggage is stolen. After a few jeers from the clerk, I pay for my ticket and take the elevator down to the track. As I sit and wait for the train to arrive in 20 or so minutes and guess who I see? April from Season 2 of Top Model. She looks solemn and sad so I just turned around and don't even bother speaking to her. When the train arrives, I'm so happy that I'm finally getting closer and closer to my final destination and I hop on as quickly as possible. I take the first empty seat, sitting next to this cute little lady that's knitting. After about 20 minutes into the train ride, the conductor walks down the aisle to take our tickets. He grabs mine and looks at me and says, "We have a huge problem." I laugh it off, I think it's fine. He says, "NO really. You're on the wrong train." I'm smiling but he's not. He says, "This is an express train so you're going to have to wait until we get to our destination which is an hour and a half away and then we'll just transfer you over." I'm freaking out. I go to call Jean Routt, the Executive Administator of NTI, to let her know that I'll be late. Then the conductor comes up to me and lets me know that we're going to get in at 7:20pm but the next train out doesn't leave until 9:00 so you'll be arriving in New London at 10:00pm. I burst into tears of frustration, all the while keeping the faith, because I knew I would get there eventually. I call Jean back to let her know when I was arriving and she says, "Oh no! We'll send someone to your rescue." I was instantly relieved. In finally arrived in New Haven , Connecticut and Trevor pick up. Too bad we were stuck in traffic for an hour. I finally go to where I was supposed to be at 10:00 pm. That makes my travel day from 5 am to 10 pm with no food. I was a mess and I just wanted to shower and get my life together, but the good news is everyone smiled and welcomed me with open arms which was very very nice.

this is what u get when u order A BLACK RUSSIAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment