Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November!!!!
I can't belive the month has gone by so fast. Halloween was alot of fun I think some friends have pictures so I will try to get them posted corpse bride/ Ludmila (a character from out russian language text book) went very well... i shall get pics on here soon.

Yesterday before the party I saw probably my second favorite piece of theater, Richard III (Shakespeare). I was directed by the same man who direct Hamlet- my favorite. The show was stunnning the visual imput was emotionally enthrawling. They used Shadows as part of the scenery which added so much. Also each of the deaths was unique. The hit man would come on stage and they would be holding wine or a news paper and their victim would be in white and they took such ardinary objects a killed people in the most gruesome ways- it was horrifying yet beautiful. My favorite scene was the ghost scene right before the last battle. the Ghosts actually did an etude with Richard and when it was over He said the "This is the hour..." speech which is usually at the beginning. It had so much more meaning just changing the placement. It was great because some roles in Richard that would typcally be cast aside, were now so developed even with out lines. You could tell that the actors took even the smallest part so seriously, it is so wonderful to see. That is something that I really respect Russians for they care about even the smallest characters. The show was a work of art.

This week is more relaxing we have no class on wednesday for some obscure holiday that was added just recently because they no longer wanted to celbrate the October Revolution but they still wanted the day off. I personally am going shopping. On friday we leave very late at night for Saint-Petersberg I'm really excited it is supposed to be beautiful.
I hope you are all doing well and this is what u get when u order A BLACK RUSSIAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment