Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I have not updated in so very long... but here goes...

“To understand an artist, you must look at the way she lives and loves.”
-Toliya Smeliansky

I have never met a more passionate man about the theater than my history professor, and artistic director of MXAT Smeliansky. He stressed to us the importance of telling MXAT history as it was. As time has passed in the Russian theater, each revolution has changed the face of MXAT or as we learned MXAT has shaped the face of Russia. In our “lecture” hall there is a exhibit with all the picture of great artists of the MXAT looking down on us. They felt like our own personal guides, despite the cliché. It is a living exhibit it changes with the political landscape, “Behind every picture is a problem.” We also had Russian Cinema, to be honest I was exhausted so I didn’t absorb all of it but Galina (my professor) was beautiful and wonderful.
Our evening to night has been abosorbed in sadness. One of our members lost their college room mate tonight. Her pain transferred to all of us with reality of how far we are from home and the love ones we left behind. I love you all very much and I pray you are in good health. Please send prayers and energy my way for my grieving friend.
It is time for bed I will write more tomorrow but this is what on my heart tonight. This program is a blessing and so are all of you.

this is what u get when u order A BLACK RUSSIAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment